Saturday, June 11, 2016

Final Thoughts on Europe

Before we return back to the United States I thought it would be nice to see what everyone else thinks of the trip. This whole blog has been my random 3 A.M. inspiration, with a few exceptions. Since I am only one student on the trip, I couldn't have seen everything. So here is the rest of the crew with their experiences of the last 10 days.


Warren High School-Ohio


"This trip will be one I will remember for the rest of my life. I have met great people and built new friendships all while visiting places that not everyone gets to experience. I believe we have all had our eyes opened to important events during World War II that will make us truly appreciate the life we have today. Thank you to everyone who made this possible for us!" - Arizzona Albright

"I can describe this trip in three words: words fall short." - Nicholas Fish

"The main thing I learned on this trip is that sometimes it's not about the destinations, it's about the journey...even if they take seven hours. Also, Kansas knows how to make 'em." - Robert Fish

"Through the hardships we triumph, yet no victory has no losses. Goodbye Kansas kids." - Jake Guess

"I've taken French for 4 years, and it's always been my favorite class, so getting to visit France, talk to the locals and just experience their culture first hand was a dream come true." -Thomas "That guy"

"It's one thing to learn history from a textbook and from a lesson in class, but this trip has expanded horizons and strengthened friendships, which is an experience you usually can't find in a classroom. -MaKayla Baker

"One thing that I gained from this trip is perspective. It is surely one thing to learn about the losses, casualties, and victories of the Allies and Axis in the classroom, but to really visit the cemeteries and memorials is another thing entirely. I see now the sacrifices that were made for my freedom, and I will be forever thankful for that." - Collin Richards

 WMS "I don't know for sure if anyone on this trip will ever come here again. I think it was a lifechanging experience for everyone. All the friendly people, the sights, the history, the food, what could top that?" - Garrett Biddinger

Atchison County Community High School-Kansas


"This trip was one that will never be forgotten. There are no words that really explain how amazing this experience was. We visited some pretty amazing places that people dream of seeing. I met some awesome people on the way I call them my crazy Ohio friends. I never thought that I would be able to bond with so many people in such a short time. Thank God for social media, I can keep in touch with them all. There were a few mix-ups and a few late arrivals but thanks to our awesome tour guide, it all worked out. I am truly blessed that i was able to participate in this trip!" - Katie Beien

"This trip is definitely memorable. It was a very intense experience. Many moments we captured with our phones and cameras but other moments only our eyes could capture. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Meeting new people can be scary but when we met the people from ohio that were joining us, we bonded right away. Not everyone can do that. I'm very thankful for the experience and new friends."- Daisey Norris

"Our trip to Europe is something I will always remember! From seeing new places, making new friends, and creating unforgettable memories. I am so thankful to have gotten to explore Europe with a great group of people. The food was great, weird at times, but we never passed up the chance to take a risk. One of my favorite moments is running the streets in the downpouring rain with all the kids. Europe was a great experience, but the memories made with these people were even better."-Hailey McConnaughey 

"From charming hotel rooms to the new found knowledge this trip leaves it mark. The people and the places, the late nights and early mornings, every unpictured spontaneous moment will be the ones left to us to remember. One particular moment being feeling the first few drops of the Belgium rain as us students went exploring to the burst of downpour that launched us into a run in the narrow street. we have the pictures. We have the memories. Now we have thankful hearts for this experience." -Erin Hamilton

"I loved the worldly experience that the trip brought too me and in the end I'll walk away a little more cultured."-Luke Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment